Monday, February 4, 2013

Master Work In Progess

Last fall I paid a visit to one of my favorite antique shops and found this 1940's dresser. Originally the plan was to lime the blonde wood, but I changes my mind.


Now the dresser (in our master bedroom) is painted in French Linen (Annie Sloan Chalk Paint), which beautifully compliments the original brass hardware.  

As you can see in the photo below, the walls need a "little" work. After hours of painstaking work, bits of the floral boarder still remain.  I have numerous wallpaper samples but I'm leaning towards  a whitish textured silk wall covering.  As we "speak," the window treatments are under construction.  


Our bedroom has a small walk-in closet, but additional storage was required.  Enter Ikea Pax wardrobes.  

We added hardware from Restoration Hardware.    



The complete Pax makeover blueprint includes crown and base moldings so the wardrobes appear built-in, i.e.

Furthermore, I plan to add antiqued mirrors to the doors, i.e. 

I'll make the call on fretwork overlays or no fretwork once the mirrors are installed. 

Did you notice the bench between the two wardrobes?  If not, here is another peek.

The caned bench is original to the house.  The current design scheme includes paint and new upholstery.

 This Thibaut fabric -Cambridge Woven in Gray

Not one room in my house feels complete.  I'm simply whittling down the list one small project at a time.  Stay tuned.  

Cheers!
Elizabeth

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress."   ~Frederick Douglass 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...